Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New clothes for Next to Nothing

I went to JC Penny's yesterday to use up one of my $10 off anything coupons. The plan was to purchase one thing, then come home. I haven't been to Penny's in so long. I love that store! If you have a big one near you (the small ones can be kind of lame), it is usually worth it to check them out every month or so during clearance times. I used to work there, so I know when all the best deals and sales are out. I've done some price comparisons against other stores at end of season clearance times, and have decided they by far have some of the best sales.

I ended up picking up quite a few items, all on rock-bottom clearance prices. Check out the cute stuff I got...

This was the best deal- what I'm calling the "milk maid skirt" (looks way better on), was originally $80... I got it for $1.27! I got the shorts for $5.40.

I love this long, ruffly shirt so much (also looks much better on), that I actually returned to Penny's later in the day during rush hour to exchange for the right size. It cost me $3.87!! The shorts were $7.87.

These shorts were $5.40. I was feeling a bit preppy when I bought these 4 belts for $1.27 each! All these deals were made even better, because I got an additional 15% off with a scratch card at the register, then on top of that another 35% off for using my JCP card.



Also- I never thought I'd say this, but Super Walmarts are starting to carry some adorably cute and trendy clothes! If you need some cute dress up/business clothes, they're stocked right now. As I was browsing, I noticed all the updated trends, and almost died over a skirt, that I think I might buy for my b-day. These aren't your regular bottom-of-the-line Walmart clothes anymore! I think they're trying to compete more with other stores.

Now, they don't have as much great stuff as the Targets do, and they still have their lame clothes section... but if you've never been a Walmart clothing buyer (believe me, I never really have either), you might want to give it a second chance! P.S. please don't think I'm insane if you go into your Walmart and can't figure out what I'm talking about. I'm well aware of the wide differences in Walmarts depending on your area... ie: Polson, MT's excuse for a Walmart probably won't have anything like this on their shelves until it is well out-dated... sorry, it's the truth! :)

Where are your favorite places to clearance shop and get great clothes for next to nothing?? Please, do tell! And if you're updating your wardrobe for the fall/winter months, good luck and happy shopping!!

5 comments:

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

I love Penneys Clearances too! I would love to shop for new clothes! and pretty much everything in ALL the stores looks pretty good to me, prolly cuz I can't fit into it =)

Sally said...

I agree, JC Penney has great deals. Right now I am wearing a shirt from there that I liked so much that I went back and bought it in another color.

Hamlie said...

I love JCP sales but I also find that Kohl's has some good deals at times and really cute clothes...most of my wardrobe is now from Kohl's.

...Laura... said...

Julie- You know, I've never ever even been to a Kohl's store! How weird is that.. .they're everywhere. There's one right next door to my Target. I get so stuck in my ways, that I keep going to the same places over an over. I think part of that is habit, but also having very little access to a car, and I know I can get what I want at the same ol' places, so I just never go. I actually made it a goal of mine last month, to go to Kohls this season and check it out, because I've heard of all the good sales!

Callie said...

Laura, you must go to Kohl's!!! It is the best store in the world for clothes sales...especially the kiddos! Whenever I go in there, I ALWAYS look at the kid's sale section. I have walked out of there with a bag full of kid's clothes for next to nothing. It isn't uncommon to find kid's clothes in there for $2...nice Carter's brand kid's clothes nonetheless! It's awesome! You must go!